Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm it.

I was tagged by my roommate Annie. She was sitting right behind me when it happened. You’d think I would have seen it coming. She even asked me what her quirky qualities were so she could put them on her own list (btw she didn’t use what I told her).

Here are six quirky things about ME. Forgive me if you’ve been reading my blog for over a year, because if you have, you’ve probably come across a few of these in a more comprehensive list found here.

1. I have to know what the weather forecast is every day. Well, I can function without knowing, but one of the first things I do in the morning is check my weather widget on my computer. I guess I just like to know what I can expect. And what I can wear.

2. I never order fries or soda when I go out to eat. But if someone is sitting next to me and has soda or fries, it's so tempting I usually end up picking off their plate and sipping their soda (depending on the person and with permission, of course).

3. The left side of the bed is my side. Even though I have a whole queen size bed to myself, I stick to my side. It’s not like I grew up sharing a bed and so I’ve become accustomed to it. Maybe it’s because all my pillows are stacked on the right side, I don’t know. Sometimes my legs will venture over to the right side, or I’ll cuddle with the stack of pillows over there, but I really don’t take advantage of my big bed like I could.

4. I tend to run down steps rather than walk down them (when I’m by myself). It’s more fun that way. I hope it doesn’t become the death of me.

5. I actually love playing the hostess, serving people and making sure everyone has what they need; it is second nature to me. But once it's expected of me I get a little annoyed.

6. I talk to animals. I'm also convinced they talk back to me.

Uh…this is the part where I’m supposed to tag six people. If I could add one more thing about me it would be that, like most people, I have a fear of rejection so I hate tagging people because if they refuse to accept my tag, I might take it personally.

7 comments:

Annie said...

I do like the quirky quality you gave me. And I've been thinking about it for days now, and you are right about it. I am enthusiastic.

Steph said...

I never look at the weather forecast and I really should. Today I walked out of the house and by the time I was at my car, I realized it was kind of cold and I needed a jacket, but I wasn't about to turn around so instead I was just cold my entire way to work. Maybe you could email me the weather reports....

Ilene said...

Laura tends to point with her finger a lot when she is talking to someone new. I don't know if wagging the finger helps her remember a name or what but she does it.

Okay, you may have outgrown that trait but I remember distinctly you pointing a lot when conversing with a new acquaintance.

Kristi said...

I totally get the weather thing. I check the weather every night before I go to bed so I can start planning what I'm going to wear the next day. I even check the hour by hour forecast.

Cameron's Corner said...

I had to go to dictionary.com to figure out what "quirky" meant cause those all seem perfectly normal to me.

Anonymous said...

I think we have a lot in common, Laura. Except for the stairs. My brother once made fun of the way I ran down them, that now I am self conscious.

Anonymous said...

Hi, the right side of my bed is 'my side', so maybe we can join forces and I'll let you have on or two of my fries and a sip of my Dr. Pepper.