Saturday, April 25, 2009

Selections from Today's Phone Conversation with Grandma Durham

Gma: So what did you have for lunch?
Me: Great Harvest
Gma: I thought they just made bread.
Me: They make sandwiches too.
Gma: Do you know what you and all pretty young ladies should eat?
Me: What's that?
Gma: Cod liver oil
Me: Cod?
Gma: It makes you healthy and you'll live forever.
Me: Gross.
Gma: It is delicious. I have some that has mint and it is wonderful.
Me: Mint flavored cod?

Gma: Do you like sushi?
Me: I love sushi. In fact, I had sushi for dinner last night.
Gma: Did you buy it at Costco?
Me: No, I went to a sushi restaurant.
Gma: Costco has good sushi. What was in your sushi?
Me: We had some with tempura shrimp, avocado, eel...
Gma: Eel?
Me: Yes. Eel.
Gma: Ew...I could never eat eel.
Me: You'll eat mint flavored cod but you won't try eel?

Gma: So I heard you were teaching piano students.
Me: Yes, I'm teaching my mom's while she's away.
Gma: I didn't think you were qualified to teach piano lessons.
Me: Really.
Gma: I've heard you play a little at my house but that's it.
Me: I'm actually a pretty good pianist.
Gma: Well do you know who gets my piano when I die?
Me: Carter.
Gma: Don't you think that's the right decision?
Me: You can do whatever you want with your piano Grandma.

Gma: How is your Dad?
Me: I haven't talked to him in awhile.
Gma: Well Suzi talked to him yesterday.
Me: Then Suzi probably knows how he is.

9 comments:

Lindz said...

Sorry, I had to blogs-drop, when I saw your comment to Leslie...We just need to start taping all of our conversations with her!

carter said...

I think that's the right decision.

Lisa Marie Trent said...

Good ones.

Kristi said...

I want to meet your grandma.

Ang said...

i love your stories about grandma durham. She cracks me up.

SRA said...

Love it. Reminds me of MY grandma.

Kell's Belles said...

I loved just listening to your half of the conversation the other day. Grandma Durham is right. Elder Uchtdorf IS a very handsome man.

Rania said...

Your grandma is pretty funny. Sorry about the piano. I think you should get it.

Ilene said...

I'm love Grandma Durham posts.

I am going out to get me some cod liver oil now.

Yeah right.