Tuesday, August 12, 2008

That Person

I want to be that person who doesn’t let a gift, kind gesture, or invitation go without a phone call or hand-written thank you note.

I want to be that person who always remembers to bring a host/hostess gift.

I want to be that person who always has fresh flowers in her home.

I want to be that person who follows through on her ideas.

I want to be that person who doesn’t miss the opportunity to express to someone how their kindness made her day or how their words influenced her for the better.

I want to be that person who does something about a situation rather than complain about it.

I want to be that person who can offer a sincere and effective apology.

I want to be that person who doesn’t worry about what she can’t change.

I want to be that person who doesn’t let others’ perceptions prematurely sway her own.

I want to be that person who speaks only when her words are ready to be spoken.

I want to be that person who doesn’t give confidence to stereotypes.

I want to be that person who undoubtedly keeps her word.

I want to be that person other people aren’t afraid to be honest with.

I want to be that person who other people feel comfortable asking a favor.

I want to be that person who has season tickets to the theatre, symphony and ballet.

I want to be that person who doesn’t let junk pile up in her back car seat.

I want to be that person who puts 100% into each task she is assigned.

I want to be that person who wakes up at 5 AM and works out for a half hour, makes her bed, reads her scriptures, takes a shower and then is on time for work at 7 AM.

11 comments:

SRA said...

Excellent ambitions all. And all achievable, no less...

Ilene said...

Hmmm. I don't know if I could be friends with THAT person.

Ah, take it one day at a time.

Kell's Belles said...

Honestly, I think you've already got several of those down!

Yikes, that list makes my goal of having 2 out of 3 kids using the potty on a regular basis seem kind of lame . . .

Average Joe said...

Yeah, I'll pretty much never be that person! - Joe

Janey said...

um yeah- I'be been dreaming of that last one years and I finally realized... it's never going to happen!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

good luck with all that...

I can't keep my backseat in my car clean. It's completely out of my hands.

Cameron's Corner said...

You could have summed this post up with one:

I want to be translated.

C'mon, Laura. You're great exactly how you are... except for the sincere apology one. That's a good one to have.

. said...

Thanks Laura! I really like this, and the title quote of your blog..good stuff..thank you!

acrspeech said...

I want to be that person that writes amazing blog posts (like Laura Durham!)...

I also want to be that person that wakes up every morning with pure excitement for the day....I'm working on it man!

Johnny Metropolis said...

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by typing, "I want to be John Maxim!"

Anonymous said...

Laura, I wish I was that person, too! I haven't talked to you in awhile. Look out for my email. We need to catch up!