Sunday, July 13, 2008

Slow adults at play

Last week I was driving in West Valley City on my way to jury a sculpture show. Not long after I turned onto Redwood Road from 3300 South I saw this crazy man darting through traffic like a maniac. No cross walk -- no intersection; he was on his phone, weaving in and out of cars on a major road right in front of me.

I, along with everyone else, was going about 40 mph so I started slowing down so I wouldn't hit him. He motioned to me like I should continue forward. I said, "Moron! What do you think you're doing in the middle of traffic?" in the sound proofness of my car.

After I was done staring him down, I directed my attention to the road again only to see this sign off to the right.


Of course. Look out for crazy people. My bad.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

I yell alot of things in what I think is the sound proofness of my car. I only feel bad if they can hear me when it turns out to be someone I know.

Unknown said...

Haha! That's hilarious!!!

Saule Cogneur said...

Steve provides cops no such luxury when he passes them on the road. Actually, that happened on only once occasion that I can remember. It was awesome.

Your post reminds me of an episode of Family Guy entitled "Petarded."

Cameron's Corner said...

I totally yell at people from the safety and security of my car. If they bust me, I just act like I'm singing a Spice Girls song at the top of my lungs.

I'm not sure why, but that's less embarrassing

SRA said...

Was he running, though? Looks like the person on the sign is running...which you should be if you're trying to cross Redwood. MORON! Put your friend on the phone on hold and get your trash to the other side of the road. How hard is that?!?

Ilene said...

There has gotta be more to that story, no?

I never knew such a sign existed. Thanks for the tip because I will probably need to know that for my Idaho driver's license test (that I have yet to go and take again).

Monica said...

Ha! That's great. Yeah, they have all kinds of interesting signs like that in West Valley. That's why I make it a point never to drive out there.