Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thank You Notes

Thank you FedEx Kinkos for being so on the ball.

Thank you Stef for sending photographs for the program.

Thank you magical program folding fairy for making my Sunday morning easier.

Thank you Alex, Anonymous and "Dude" for the nice notes.

Thank you Rhett for helping me restart my car.

Thank you Fletcher for the baking soda tip.

Thank you girl at Jiffy Lube for recommending the bosch windshield wipers -- I love them. And thank you for giving me 50% off.

Thank you outside car door handle for working since inside handle won't.

Thank you Harmon's for the best grocery shopping experience I've had in a long time. Thank you especially for carrying broccolini.

Thank you David Whyte for being one of the few inspiring people I've heard from lately.

Thank you to my handful of friends who are willing to have real conversations about important things. For yours are the words that move me to face my vulnerabilities and acknowledge my strengths.

Thank you Mom for coming to the conference and buying a table.

Thank you Christian for calling about mowing the lawn so I don't have to worry about bothering you with it.

Thank you Mother Nature for the first warm day in a long time.

8 comments:

Saule Cogneur said...

It's nice to sit back to appreciate life's successes and fortunes; I should do it more.

Dan's handle is broken too. One of these days, we will have to resort to rolling down the window to get out of the car. The good news is that handles are easy to fix if you don't mind paying for the replacement plastic (Dan obviously does); that stuff breaks all the time.

Saule Cogneur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron's Corner said...

Thank you, Costco, for selling dried Mango's... and thank you Charmin for taking care of me when I over do it on the dried Mango's.

Steph said...

What is broccolini? I am grateful Smith's now sells tons of different types of gift cards. It made my mother's day shopping this year very convenient.

Laura Lee said...

Steph, I'm glad you asked. Broccolini is a hyrbid of broccoli and kale. So broccolini is leafier and limper. And the stalks aren't as tough.

Ilene said...

I'm jealous about the broccoini and the windshield wipers.

So much for sharing that grateful feeling.

Kell's Belles said...

Thank YOU for the delicious broccolini. I'm now a very big fan!

Johnny Metropolis said...

Thanks you Laura for having such a cool blog.