It's lunchtime. I still don't feel like eating. I've consumed maybe 800 calories since Saturday morning. Most of those calories were Sunday's since I spent most of Saturday crawling around, sipping small doses of Coca-Cola.
I've been sick with a stomach thing. I'm thinking it was something I ate Friday night. And I'm afraid it was the chocolate Aztec tart from the Red Butte Cafe. I don't want it to be true because that was my favorite dessert, but now I may have to add it to my “bad food” list. Does anyone else have to banish food from their diet once they've gotten sick off of it? My list isn't that long because I don't get sick that often, but here is my list:
1) Rice Pudding: I really liked rice pudding for awhile. But then one day, when I was maybe 12 or 13, I went to brunch at the Homestead in Midway. Probably not the best move since I wasn't feeling that great anyway. But I ate rice pudding there. And the rest is history. I might be able to choke it down because it has been a long time, but even the thought of the texture makes me tighten my lips and the memory of the taste makes my throat contract.
2) Kentucky Fried Chicken: This was also when I was much younger. All I remember about this experience is being sick, curled up over the heater vent in the family room with a blanket, wishing I hadn't eaten that chicken earlier. And I haven't eaten KFC since. Even the smell makes me sick. And it doesn't even have to be the chicken...the smell of the potatoes or coleslaw or biscuits. It all smells the same to me.
3) Chicken Pot Pie: Ew. I don't remember why or when. But the thought of it does something to me. Must be a repressed experience.
4) Meat Pies. Kind of along the same lines as #3, but this is more specific to whatever fried crap I ate when I was in New Zealand in 2003. They had a lot of sausage pies or deep fried other things. I missed out on about 2 days of my time in New Zealand because I got sick...yuck. I can't even think about it.
5) Aloha Sushi and the Hawaiian Pork/Rice at the Hawaiian BBQ place. These items are different in that they are specific to the places I ate them. I've since eaten a lot of sushi at other places. Not sure if I've had Hawaiian pork again, but I bet I could. Anyway. I had the sushi for lunch and the pork for dinner one day about a year and a half ago. Late that night I got sick and I haven't been back to either of those places.
And now I have to add the chocolate Aztec tart. And maybe pasta salad. I hope not – probably not. But yesterday when Carri came home, she looked in the fridge and asked if she could have some of my salad. I said, “Ew. Yes.” In fact, everything I've eaten since Friday night has had to be something I didn't eat on Friday. And that includes the pasta salad.
Oh, and this is my 100th blog post by the way. I was reading Ilene's blog awhile ago and she congratulated herself on her 100th post. I thought to myself, “hmmm... I wonder when my 100th post was.” So I counted them up and I had 99 posts. Wow. That was a coincidence. And it goes to show how much more often Ilene posts on her blog. I think I've had mine for almost a year longer than she has.