Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Wrapup


So I didn't finish all of my goals. I got pretty close though. The DIY project I wanted to complete was reupholstering my grandma's little rocking chair that she gave me awhile back. The fabric was all faded and I wanted new, cute fabric. I'll admit this project was an EPIC fail. I worked on it with my very patient friend Eric who actually volunteered to help me with this so I don't feel too bad about it. I do feel bad that it is currently sitting in his bedroom somewhere in Sandy still looking like this. The fabric I chose was going to be too thin and stretchy and then I just haven't found fabric I've liked since. I still don't know what I'm going to do about this chair. I might pay a professional. Eric said he's cool with that.


Onto the personal shopper. I may not have done what I intended to by going to Nordstrom and getting someone to bring me clothes and tell me what would look good on me, but I did try stylebox.com thanks to my cousin Liz who told me about it. I loved it. I only bought one of the gazillion items in there, but it was worth it -- mostly because the whole process is entirely free. Shipping, styling, everything. You pay for what you keep. I'm totally doing this again.

On a related note, I acted myself as a personal shopper for my friend Pete. He came to me with a $400  budget and absolutely no ideas. So I got to dress him however I wanted. I think we came out with two sweaters, three dress shirts, a pair of jeans, two trousers, a belt, two pairs of shoes and maybe something else. It was way fun. And he did look good. He has a weird, puffy beard now though. Don't know why. If you see him know I had nothing to do with that decision.

I think the point of the goals was to stretch myself, try things I've never done before, and get myself to get some things done.

Although these weren't goals I wrote down, these were some things I've always wanted to do but never did:
I did a three day smoothie cleanse. It was hard, but I liked it.
I got a letter from the Governor for being good.
 
I went snowshoeing 


So I  would say it was a good year for getting things done and trying things new. With that, I think it's time to say farewell to the blog. I know, I know, you don't really care :)

I loved this blog for the longest time. Some day I need to complete my goal of having the whole thing printed because there is some good stuff in here. It's served as a journal in a sense and I would hate for these memories and pictures to be lost. But I think it's the end of a blog era for me (and for most people). So thanks for sticking around, thanks for commenting. You can find me on Facebook -- until that gets old too.

xoxo

3 comments:

joN. said...

sad.

Kathleen Sykes said...

Haha! Pete looks amazing!

Sarah Brynne said...

Hi!! My name is Sarah and I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!! This is basically an award to help bloggers discover other blogs. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it. You can also look at my Liebster Award post if you’d like to participate: http://tomorrow-may-rain-so.blogspot.com/