Friday, October 13, 2006

I miss spinach.

I went to Wild Oats today to get my big salad at the salad bar and the only lettuce available was boring green leaf. Granted, it’s better than iceberg, but I loved having that spinach there to mix in with my “spring mix” greens which are also not available right now because of the E. coli O157:H7 scare. And earlier this week I went to Macaroni Grill and their “spinach salad” was made with romaine lettuce. Don’t pretend to be spinach. Sad.

I like spinach. I like spinach salad. I like quiche with spinach and spinach on my sandwiches. It was an easy vegetable to incorporate into my diet that lacks the recommended daily allowance of vegetables already. I need my beta-carotene. I don’t really like carrots. I bought a bunch of potatoes, but that’s not a real vegetable.

P.S. what is up with Google? I typed in the search box, “When do we get spinach back?” and in big red letters it asked me, “Did you mean, when do we get punch back?” What the? No, that’s not what I meant. Not even close. Get a clue.

I can feel my vitamin A levels dropping. Does a vitamin A deficiency make you quick-tempered?

You know, on KUTV news the other day they were talking about how E. coli has creeped its way into other stuff like carrot juice. But all we need to worry about is the organic stuff that isn’t processed. If it says, “pasteurized” we’re okay.

Maybe that’s why all the carrot juice was on sale at Wild Oats today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will never pretend to be spinach!